Saturday, October 1, 2011

Play by Givenchy (For Women)

There are 2 versions of this, Play Eau de Parfum and Play Eau de Parfum Intense.  I am reviewing the former.


I have seen this described as 'a woody, fruity floral aromatic fragrance' 'which represents freedom, modernity and sensuality' and 'radiates smiles and freedom, leaving a delicate musky imprint on the skin.'

 It was launched in 2010 and is still in production.  The perfumers are Emilie Copperman, Lucas Sieuzac, and Françoise Donche.  The bottle was designed by Serge Mansau.


Top notes:  Pink Peppercorns, White Peach, Bergamot, Sweet Pea

Middle notes:  Amyris Wood, Tiare Flower, Magnolia Leaf, Magnolia Flower

Base notes:   Sandalwood, Musk


Like it's male counterpart, it is a modern fragrance which is clean in a floral way.  It is also aimed at a youth market, however I think that it can work for a woman in her 30's as a day time fragrance.  I find it to be a bit too juvenile for an older, more mature woman.  I would not give it to my mother.

For me, this fragrance is just okay.  It does not smell bad, but it does not have any wow factor in my nose.  I actually find that it has a bit of a plasticy smell to it.  I see it as another attempt at a modern fragrance, but I do not feel as though it stands out high above the rest.  I much prefer its male counterpart, and would only wear this if my other half wears the For Him version.

Retail price varies greatly, anywhere from 35€ to upwards of 100€ depending on the size.  It's available in 30 ml, 50 ml, 70 ml and 100 ml.  Perhaps more, but I am not sure.

No comments: