Friday, September 30, 2011

Play by Givenchy (For Men)

There are 2 versions of this, Play Eau de Toilette and Play Eau de Toilette Intense.  I am reviewing the former.

This perfume was launched in 2008 and is still in production.  It was created by perfumers Emilie Copperman and Lucas Siezac.  I can't seem to find out who designed the bottle.
 

Top notes:  Bergamot, Mandarin, Bigarade, Grapefruit

Middle notes:  Amaris Wood, Coffee, Black Pepper

Base notes:  Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Patchouli


It is a playful fragrance which is aimed at the youth market, and Justin Timberlake is the spokesman.

I personally find it to be a clean, modern, inviting fragrance which I like for teenage boys and younger men.  It is, however, a bit too youthful for middle aged and older men, in my opinion.

Retail price varies, but averages at around 50€ for 50 ml and 70€ for 100 ml, which isn't cheap, but also not so bad given how recent and popular it is.

No comments: